The top 10 highest real estate transactions of 2013 show that luxury homes are selling well in the current Sarasota market. Two were in Country Club Shores, two in Longboat Key Gulfside, and one each on Bird Key and St. Armand’s. Here are the top 5:
1. $6.8 million Longboat Key Gulfside, 6001 Gulf of Mexico Drive. This sale is the highest amount paid for a Longboat Key residence since April 2011. The new almost 7,000-square-foot house on more than an acre was purchased by Alan Graf Jr. and his wife, the executive vice president and CFO of FedEx Corp.
2. $6.75 million for the L’Ambiance penthouse on Longboat Key, the highest price recorded for a condominium in Sarasota County history.
3. $5.7 million in Longboat Key Gulfside, 6301 Gulf of Mexico Drive, 6571 square feet, built in 2002.
4. $4.75 million in Bay Isles South on Longboat Key, 560 Harbor Point Road, 5041 square feet, built in 2011.
5. $4.5 million in Country Club Shores on Longboat Key, 642 Ranger Lane, 7091 square feet.